We have released an early beta of the XPages Toolkit, called beta1 on OpenNTF. A short time before I was going to the hospital for a heart revision task :). But the XPages Toolkit need some explanations about the why and what.
The XPages Toolkit (in short XPT) is a extendable Extension to the XPages Runtime and the Extension Library. The XPT contains a strong core for a programming model that we have introduced at WebGate as the ninja-style. I will blog later this week about this programming model and I will also make some snippets to this available.
But what contains the XPT:
- The core (for the ninja-style / hope this name is not protected)
- RSS Datasource and UIControl -> a ready to use UI-Element so display RSS Feeds
- Read and write Access to properties files
- Some missing OneUI Elements (like the aboutbox, the welcomebox and the tipbox)
- And the XPages Agents with ready to use UI Elements and a replacment for the agents manager
And it is extendable. We have designed the XPT to make it easy to plugin other solutions. I will cover this topic also in a separate blog post. But in short, I think there are some many good things available under apache licence. Or think about the charting in dojox, its one of the things that I miss as a good UI Control. I know that there is a great OpenNTF project available from Julian Buss (YouAtNotes xCharting), but why not integrate the code into a plugin?
All the best
PS: Heart revision task was successfully completed and I have a good recovery time.